Friday 17 February 2012

Sponsorship sequence - final cut

I have now filmed and edited my sponsorship sequence, although it has changed slightly I originally waned to include two seasons in each 15 second ad, however, because this is such little time, two seasons in each is not possible. When i shot each season, they ended up being around 8 to 10 seconds long each, and this is without end titles, which are often quite long on sponsorship sequences. I found it difficult to properly represent each season in a shorter amount of footage, and so realised I may be trying to put too much of a narrative into a short space of time.


I then decided it would be better to represent one season well, than to try and fit two into on 15 second ad, and for it to be rushed and quick. I therefore chose the seasons I thought had been most successful, which were autumn and spring. I think this is because these were very colourful when I shot them, and had interesting things happening in the background of the footage, so visually they are the most appealing. They also represent two very opposite seasons, with opposite weather, thus showing the products diversity in both seasons.


The two sponsorships have the same narrative, and are understandable if viewed separately, but also work together and compliment each other. I think this is an important aspect of a sponsorship sequence. They also feature the brand logo both within the footage, and at the end, and the brand slogan.




How have i created synergy between these and my main adverts? how are they similar? and therefore how can they be viewed as an ad campaign?


- The same music is used for these as is used for the main ads, however, just an instrumental. This means the song, and the tune, will become associated with the brand, and the ad's will be recognisable by the song. Audiences will hear the tune, and know it is a DairyFriend ad. I have also used the same voice for the voiceover at the end.


- They are aesthetically very similar. I have used some of the same props, such as the tree's and the lorry. I have also stuck to using paper, and filmed in much the same way. At the same sort of angles and distances to the main adverts. This means by looking simply at the mise en scene, they are recognisable as part of a campaign.


- The end titles are very similar, although The sponsorship titles are slightly higher on the screen, and feature another line of text. The colours, font sizing etc. are all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment