Wednesday 8 February 2012

Evaluation and refinement

-          I am happy with the quality of the lighting in my advert. I used natural light, filming between 10 am and 2 pm, so the natural light was consistently bright. I also used two spotlights and an overhead lamp, to make sure It was bright enough, and to eliminate shadows as far as possible, by lighting the scene from every direction.

-          I think the beginning factory scene needs working on, I need some establishing shots before I have a close up of the milk bottles, and perhaps need to the close up to be an extreme close up, so the milk bottles are clearly visible, as I think this is very important to the narrative, that the audience can see from the start what the product is that is being advertised.

-          I also need to think about the ending, I might do some extra research on how adverts end, a product name? A logo? Voiceover? Do I need to feature the product? Does it cut away from the scene or does it feature in the scene? I need to consider how to wrap it up, and this will continue throughout all the adverts, as it will become part of the brand identity. so this is an important thing i need to consider.

-          I still need to consider the music, I’m not sure if the guitar fits, or if this is what fits the mood I am trying to create. I am settled on it for the moment, but am going to look at alternative options.

-          I need to ensure that the pace of the animation stays the same throughout. I am fairly happy with the pace of the movements, but think some of them could be smoother, maybe not quite as jerky. I will consider re filming parts that are not perfect.

Overall I am pleased with my initial outcome, I think it looks visually pleasing, the narrative is interesting and the mise en scene, with the bright colours and mix of dimensions and texture, is also very interesting. however, i dont know that some of the angles and shot lengths do the set justice. I spent a lot fo time constructing and creating a very detailed set, and a lot of the footage is shot from a mid to long shot distance, meaning that some of the detail is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment