Thursday 9 February 2012

Music

I emailed the band Rosie and Me, for permission to use their song “come back” from the album “bird and whale” for my advert, and got the following reply:

Hi, Serena!

Thank you so much for your message. Feel free to use the song on your video. The only thing we ask in return is that you give us proper credits and put a link to our website on your video info:
http://www.rosieandmemusic.com

Example:

Song: "Bird and Whale", by Rosie and Me.
http://www.rosieandmemusic.com

Also, the use of our songs is free, as long as it's not for commercial purposes and stays limited to the video you described on your message.

Thank you!

Best,
Rosie

This is brilliant news, as it means I now have permission from the lead singer herself to use the song, and can therefore go ahead and edit it onto my advert, and see if it does indeed work. I am really pleased with this result, as I think the song will be that something extra that my advert was missing, and should lift the mood and convey the right connotations. I think the original soundtrack that I had made for me was lacking enough depth, as it was simply a guitar, so it fit the animation well, but It did not create the mood and feeling I wanted, which is something exciting and uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment