Thursday 16 February 2012

Advert 2 - rough cut and evaluation



Evaluation

- the footage is not long enough, I have taken roughly 100 less photos than I took for advert one, and so when edited together, it has only reached 24 seconds, whereas advert one, with end titles is 34 seconds, which is roughly the right length for an advert. I therefore need to add another scene, or make something last longer. This is the main issue currently, as it desperately needs to be longer.

- I chose not to film the same beginning part as advert 1, so the narrative is slightly different, and I think the meaning is still understood without this first scene, so I have left advert two beginning later in the narrative of "Us, to You, to Anywhere".

- I am really pleased with the pond scene, as I think the duck is brilliant, and this is really interesting. I also like the slightly humerous sign, and I used the fairy lights inside the house on this ad, so the house is lit up, which I think is really aesthetically pleasing. I also think the end beach scene looks great, the colours are really nice, and it looks very happy, with happy, fun connotations.

- I might have more action at the end of this advert. in advert one, the main focus is on the Us to You part, with a stong narrative focused on these, so in advert 2, I have already cut out the Us bit and have chosen to focus more on the end of the narrative, which is the journey and the destination. I may therefore make this section longer, and have more going on at the beach, maybe some beach towels, a beach ball, a parasol etc. could come out of one of the beach huts, to suggest they are sunbathing at the beach, and then a milk bottle could come out of the beach hut or car and join them, metaphorically showing the product in use. This is just an idea currently, which I may play around with tomorrow.

- I have used much more varied camera angles and shots in this second advert, and I think that makes it quicker and more interesting. However, I dont like the change in angle at the beach scene from a high angle shot from the right, to a central, high angle, slightly less close shot. I think it feels unnatural and the change of shot isnt neccesary.

No comments:

Post a Comment