Wednesday 15 February 2012

advert 1 rough cut 2

I spent some time today re editing and changing my original rought cut of advert one, considering the points I made when evaluating it. I have also added the end sequence, Although I cannot decide between three different ones, and the voiceover and the new soundtrack, which I think fits perfectly, and I am very happy with.

However, I have not included the speech, as I am not sure how important it is. I think the song creates a wonderful, upbeat mood and connnotes all the right things, and that the speech would ruin this, an daffec tthe mood of the piece. I am also not sure if the speech adds anything, or if it would be understood just as well without it. This is a dilemma I currently have, as there are benefits and drawbacks associated with each decision. I need to consider what is most important, the feel and mood created by the advert, or the information given by the speech, I cannot have both together.

I have tried different endings, including the two i posted a few days ago, but this one I would probably consider the best. I like the continuity I achieved by using the same footage as the background for the title, and I therefore like how it seems to flow into the ending, whilst the others seem disjointed. However, I dont know if the text is readable enough on the footage, as there are many different colours, and it is very busy, making the whole thing aesthetically unpleasant. I would need to tweak it if I were to use the same Idea for the ending of each advert, as it need's to be perfect, I think it is one of the most important parts.

I am very please with the song choice, and how it fits with the footage, I editied it so the "1,2,3,4" plays as the lorry fills up, and then the tune begins as the lorry sets off, in effect, as the journey begins. I think the pace and tempo is nice, and the song is upbeat and exciting, creating a happy fun mood. I also think it connotes the journey aspect, with the lyrics "lets go where you wanna go" etc. I have faded it out at the end, and turned it down by 10db when the voiceover plays.


No comments:

Post a Comment