Friday 10 February 2012

Idea for advert 2 and sponsorship

Second advert –
I have a post earlier on some of the idea for my second advert, I am now going to decide for certain what it is going to be like, then I can storyboard it and begin building the set.
-          The second advert is going to target a slightly different segment of my broad target market. Because my target market includes so many different segments, the first is aimed at families, and the second will be aimed at the older segment, older couples or retired people. I will establish this by the people I feature in the house, an older style car, and rather than going on an exciting family adventure, they will go on a relaxed journey to the beach, to spend the day by the sea.
-          It is going to feature the same opening sequence, with a lorry filling up with milk, and then go off on a different journey, to the beach.


Sponsorship sequences

I originally thought about cutting down the first and second advert for the sponsorship sequences, to make short versions that could be used as sponsorship sequences, however I looked back at my research, and realised It would be difficult to convey a strong narrative in such a small space of time. I also found in my research they often have large logo’s, product names, and slogans, because the ad is aiming to establish a strong brand image in the consumers mind in a few minutes. Because they are so short they often make use of metaphors and symbolism. They are also largely uninformative, and rely on viewers having previous knowledge of the brand, or having viewed the longer advert.

-          The first idea would be a car and some lorries, lorries going the other way, travelling through the seasons, to connote that the product can be taken anywhere, any time, all seasons, and also connoting the journey aspect of the previous ad’s. The lorries will feature the brand logo and name, and therefore establish the brand. It will end with a longer end sequence than the main adverts, with our slogan, name, and the sponsors name.
-          The second Idea would be to use the lights, and make a larger tent, which I could make shadow puppets out of paper inside, so the advert would feature someone pouring the milk, seen through the tent, however this would be a difficult idea to animate, and would require a lot of skill. It would tie in very well with the first advert, and connote happiness and family times.  
I need to think some more on these Idea’s, I really like them, but I don’t know how achievable they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment