Friday 17 February 2012

Advert 2 - final cut

I re shot the final scene in advert two, the beach scene, and extended the narrative at the end, to include two beach towels and a parasol, as well as a bottle of DairyFriend trailing out of the beach hut. This is to suggest one of the products potential uses. I think this is an important addition, as the advert now focuses on the latter part of the narrative, and this is differing it from advert one. I also think this scene is quite fun and playful, and it gives a good feel to the advert.

 I have now added the final end title, which is the same as in advert one, but layered over the beach footage. They have the same soundtrack too, as I thought it fit so well with the advert, the song changes from one line to another, in some places, exactly as the scene changes. And the lyrics fit really well with the footage, the "where you wanna go" line is heard as the audience see the sign pointing to anywhere, and the "then we can go swimming" plays over the beach scene. I therefore think the song works well with both adverts, and will mean the two are recognisable as an ad campaign, as they have strong similarities. It will also then become a song that is associated with the brand, and the lyrics are catchy and memorable, which will mean audiences are more likely to remember the Ad's.

I am now pleased with the outcome of advert two, and i'm glad I took the time to re think and re shoot the end scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment