Wednesday 8 February 2012

Rsearch - how do adverts tend to end?

I have not yet thought about how the advert is going to end, what information I need to feature about the product/company, and what to include. I am also looking for inspiration, as I need help forming an idea.

I first looked at a multitude of recent adverts, those that had come out in the last few months, regardless of the product, to see what is currently happening in advertising.


 This end shot featured the product itself, so the packaging was clearly seen, the brand name in the top right, and their current slogan. I like the way it incorporates the product information with the scene behind it. The advert is filmed in one location, and the end does not jump to a seperate scene, but the information moves into the shot. There was no voiceover however, it was left for the viewer to read the info.



This also shows the company name, their slogan, and some contact details. It is a very simple ending, as the information is simply fades in on top of the footage of the girl, something I could easily do with my footage. The fonts used are important here for connoting fun and happiness.


This advert is much like the rest, the information faded in on top of the footage in the same location and
scene. It is quite minimal, only including the company name, slogan, and contact details.



Dairy adverts

I then decided to look at adverts in the dairy market - cravendale and lactofree


This was a nice end title, as the information was 3 dimensional and animated, it looked as if it were embroidered, and each lettered appeared one by one. This is something I could easily achieve. It is shot in the same location as the rest of the advert, but is a change of scene, I could do something like this, such as cut away to a long shot of the forest as the title comes in.




This ending sequence was different to all the others i looked at, in that it cut away to a totally seperate scene, that was very different to the rest of the advert. I think this made the advert feel slightly disjointed, and it disrupted the mood that it was setting. It also features the brand logo and a website.




This Cravendale ending is very simple, and is featured within the stop motion set, the camera zooms into this photo frame on the wall inside the set, meaning The ending is part of the advert. I thought about this style of ending originally, as i saw it in an advert i looked at previously, where all the information about the brand and product is included on something that is inside the set of the animation, so it is part of the animation, and does not need to cut away or bring in a title, which may destroy the feeling of it.


what have I learnt?

I originally thought most adverts ended with a title that cut away from the footage or scene completely, but most of the ones I looked at incorporate the information about the rband etc. on top of the end scene or last piece of footage, which ties the two together. I could see this being effective for my advert, as i could fade my logo over the top of my footage. However, I am also interested in including the product information as part of the set, and ending the advert with a zoom into something like a signpost, with the product information on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment