Wednesday 2 November 2011

product development

- whilst i know im looking at milk products i dont know exactly what my product is, what is unique about it, its selling points or what it looks like. I brainstormed on different attributes my product could have and my first idea was a flavoured milk brand, however i felt this market was too niche and wouldnt be suitable for a mass marketed advert, there is also high competition and i wanted a unique product. My second and current idea would be a milk product that didnt need refridgerating, such as longlife milk. i think this is a product attribute i could advertise quite effectively, showing how flexible this type of product could be. There are no real competitors and it is a unique idea providing a selling point, and something to focus the advert around.

things to consider next:

- branding - including existing brands

- product name - existing product names, what they connote

- target audience and audience research

- packaging and distribution - how it meant to be consumed

I have a lot to consider regarding the product before i can advertise it - a lot. These are the next steps in my planning process that i need to consider, because i only have a vague idea of a product so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment